Sunday, October 14, 2007

I got this blouse at my daughter's garage sale last week....it was actually in my sister's stuff. the blouse itself is too small for me and I don't like the lace around the sleeves, but I love pintucks and embroidery, which is why I took it. I'll do something with it!

Yesterday my sister and I went to a tearoom (Helio's) in Carmel, IN. I couldn't believe there were NO tea-for-ones there. The woman told me there were and explained where they were. She was going to show me but got sidetracked and I looked again myself where she had pointed. I think she misunderstands what I mean. There were small teapots, that only hold 1 or 2 cups of water, but not the teapot and cup stacking together, which is what I meant.

Anyway, we went to the antique mall further down the street and I bought all these linens. Excellent condition so they weren't real cheap but many had been marked down to half price so I still got them for a good price.

I suspect I already have these 2 booklets but I wasn't sure so I got them. The copper scoop will go in my candy jar at work.

Now this is a gift for a friend who has a lovely collection of vintage hats already. The clerk told me I should be paying $60 for it instead of less than $10. These are booth consignments so she had no power to change the price. I don't agree with her anyway, but it's still a good deal.

Someday I'll look into what the stampings inside hats mean but I thought it interesting that it said imported fur when it's really feathers. Probably the company was known for its fur products.

No comments: