Monday, June 2, 2008

I decided to make a quick stop in at Goodwill today after I left the post office. I was actually looking for another swimsuit to use in my water aerobics but none to be had except one that I'm sure is wa-a-a-a-y too big. I never look at the belts. I've never ever in my life had a small waist even when I was small otherwise. It's just not in my genetic makeup, but I happened to be right in front of them and lots of people were around so I couldn't move easily so I let some sparkle catch my eye. Do you know that belts are only 99¢ each at Goodwill? And I hit the jackpot!

I found THREE of them that had beads well worth the purchase price. That's what I told myself to justify buying something that I can probably never wear, but they are in excellent condition, every one of them! I love these big jewels! I'm thinking surely they go with someone's belly-dancing costume.

I just love the stones on this one but it is actually something I could wear too. I tried all of them on when I got home and I could wear this one and the jeweled one. Of course, all these workouts I'm doing have got to pay off sooner or later, don't they? LOL! I suspect I could find another use for this too without taking it apart.

This one is too small and probably always will be too small for me. I even tried to make it a necklace, but it just bunches up all wrong. This one also reminds me of something you would wear with a belly dancing costume.

I love this tin box. I think it is long enough to hold my bookmarks. It has some kind of Oriental characters on the sides. It's in excellent condition - no rust or worn spots or scratches. Only 49¢!!!

I also got 4 tops and a reindeer candle holder but I'll spare you those images this time. LOL! I'm a happy happy thrifter today!

No comments: