Thursday, June 19, 2008

This adorable wooden penquin was a purchase a week or so ago from Trinity Mission. I had him sitting on top of a bookcase and forgot to put him here but I was photographing the stuff I bought a few days ago from Goodwill and remembered him. I love penguins and have a glass paperweight in the shape of a penguin from another thrift store hunt several years ago.

When you open him (or her) up, there is another one! But only one. Perhaps there were more originally but I don't think any bigger ones since the label is at the bottom of the bigger one here. I thought the front was chipped but it was a piece of paper that I easily scraped off before taking the photo shown before this. Only $1.00!!!

I got these jewels the same day in a baggie for 75¢. I probably need to start doing something with all this costume jewelry but I'm afraid the ideas will have to continue to incubate. I really don't have a lot of spare time to devote to it until after my son's wedding....and then it's the holidays...but after that...maybe. LOL!



This is one of my favorite buys and I think I have something similar stashed away somewhere. I will take out the paper about the special babysitter and replace it with some textured paper or fabric and some tatting. If I don't give the box away, I will store some special tatting shuttles in it.

See? Plenty of room for some shuttles or it could be a jewelry box or hold change or buttons or whatever. It has an excellent finish on it.






I got this cute little take-out purse for only 49¢. The fabric is a brocade and the frog fastener holds it closed. I had a lot of trouble getting the frog closed so it wouldn't be too practical for real use, but it makes a unique container for odds and ends.

Another 49¢ purchase! There were 3 ivy edged bowls and every single one of them had a tiny chip like this one but I loved it so much I bought one anyway. I will probably put buttons or beads or something like that in it. Underneath it says, "Superior Hall Quality Dinnerware - tested & approved by Mary Dunbar, Jewel Homemakers Institue - Cameo Rose"

This was only 49¢ too. It's a pink/peach colored glass globe. I think it's newer than the antique glass of this color but I liked it anyway. I suppose you could put a candle in it...or maybe a small rose with water.

I also got some clothing but I don't think it's exciting enough to put here. Maybe another time.

No comments: