Friday, September 11, 2009

The past few weeks I've been admiring other people's great bargains and bemoaning the fact that I haven't been recording my own! These are some but there are way more!

These hooks were in an old alka seltzer glass tube. I don't think alka seltzer is even sold like that anymore.


These were the prize hooks out of the bunch. The hairpin lace loom was nice too. I have bigger ones but none that small.


This was one of my favorite finds. Only $3.00 but I suspect it should have 6 glasses instead of 5. No matter. It's on my table as a centerpiece right now.


In my last post, many many months ago, I showed this stand. I didn't think it could hold earrings successfully but it has and they are so handy on here!


This was in a tin of sewing supplies. A few years ago, I was looking for a vendor of 3 hole buttons for a project and what I found was way too expensive. A certain shirt manufacturer was known for these unique buttons - but I don't remember who it was. LOL!


I actually bought a couple of different wine glasses at Goodwill one day. Very cheap.


I like to collect small ceramic boxes in unusual shapes. I have a square one, a round one, and this fan shaped one. I probably have a heart one someplace too.

There is so much I haven't recorded! I've been putting many of them on my tatting blog so then I don't get around to posting here. Oh well....hopefully I will show what I do with things once I've repurposed them. I have a great chair that I just need to replace the seat in. A Gossip Bench that needs a little work. A quilt rack that is still in the garage from being spray painted. WhooWhoo! It'll get on here eventually.

2 comments:

Debra from Bungalow said...

Hi Gina, Thanks for stopping by my blog and your nice comments. I see you are a hunter gatherer too! I love thrift shopping.

You do tatting, that's seems like it would be difficult...I'm a novice crocheter.
Hope you stop back again.

Maureen said...

Gina - what's a "Gossip bench"?