Thursday, October 29, 2009

I keep forgetting to photograph my goodies and post them here!

I got this today at a local thrift store. It was $2 and I got a 15% senior discount too. The gold spoon is metal. It says stainless on the back so I'm thinking it is gold plated but probably not with gold. Beautiful set though.

Earlier this week I stopped at Trader Buck's and ended up getting the rest of this stuff. I love unusually shaped tins or those with an especially nice scene.

This one came with two dozen crocheted and starched snowflakes. They are crocheted in big thread and are probably 4" - 5" diameter. I really didn't want them, though I knit, crochet and tat. I'll find a good home for them though.

Everything I got at this place was $1.00 except this candy dish which was $3.00. It's nice and heavy - nothing on the bottom so I have no idea where it may be from.

I have so many butterfly motifs on so many things that I hesitated to buy this but they're on the inside too! How could I resist?

I love plates with decorative holes in them. Notice the inconsistent pattern and spacing of the holes? I'm guessing this was a reject but there is nothing on the back to identify it.

Here's a closeup of the lovely soft flowers on the plate.

That's it for now. Will try to remember to post on here!

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Hi Gina. thanks for adding me as a link on your blog. Who doesn't love a good thrift store story..... I tried getting over here earlier and for some reason I couldn't connect to this site, but here I am today. So a delayed Howdy to you. So nice to meet you. If you see my recent post, I have come up with a new phrase, being a junking duck. I have way too much fun.